The driver will transport the children at SJH to and from the required venues and/or hospitals whilst constantly ensuring that the children are protected and properly secured in the vehicle at all times. The driver may be required to drop off or do deliveries of supplies and equipment, including some admin tasks as and when required. The driver is required to be of sober habits at all times.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Complete all reports and documentation as required and report any irregularities or violations of procedures to supervisor/manager to ensure that the vehicle is safe and roadworthy at all times.
- Conduct security / all safety checks including passenger safety checks are carried out at all times.
- Transport children and youth to their respective appointments, extra mural activities and visits and to their homes as required. Ensure punctuality at all times.
- Shift work which may include some weekends and public holidays.
- Establish an appropriate relationship with patients and all passengers at all times.
- Communicate at the level of the children’s understanding.
- Maintain equipment and resources and ensure safe storage thereof.
- Ensure that the necessary equipment is properly fitted into the vehicles including car seats, etc.
- Report vehicle incidents and requirements are carried out timeously as per service records, including road incidents.
- Assist with general maintenance tasks when not driving as instructed by the
Personality, Attributes, Skills and Abilities
Work both independently and as an active team member.
Be able to use initiative.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Proficiency in English and Afrikaans.
Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
Maintain professional demeanour while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
Commitment to the mission, values and goals of the Organisation.
Ability to work with children and youth.
Accountability and Team work.
Clear criminal record.
A valid driver’s licence
A valid PDP driver’s license
Must be a competent driver
- At least five years general work experience with 2 years working with children and youth.
- 1 year in a similar position.
- Closing date for all applications is Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Interviewing of shortlisted candidates will take place soon after closing date.
- Relocation costs will NOT be covered by the employer.
- Reference checks will be conducted.
- The employer reserves the right to not appoint.
- Candidates must be able to commence employment as soon as is reasonably