KITCHEN ASSISTANT/COOKKitchen Department
St Joseph’s Intermediate Paediatric Care (SJIPC) is looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant/Cook.
The Kitchen Assistant/Cook is required to provide optimal service in standards of food preparation and hygiene.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Prepare meals for children and youth according to daily menu and dietary requirements.
- Always ensure punctuality, including mealtimes.
- Ensure kitchen utensils, all equipment, floors and work surfaces are hygienically cleaned.
- Ensure that waste is disposed of and bins are hygienically cleaned
- Receive, inspect and store food donations.
- Ensure all food that are being received and stored in date order.
- Ensure no cross contamination.
- Maintain correct temperatures of fridges and freezers.
- Prepare food ingredients in hygienic matter in accordance to menu requirements.
- Assist with adhoc requirements for functions and events.
- Dish food in correct quantities as per dietary requirements.
- Always establish an appropriate relationship with patients and all staff.
- Communicate at the level of the children’s/patients’ understanding.
- Maintain equipment and resources and ensure safe storage thereof.
- Assist with general tasks as and when required as instructed by the supervisor.
- Required to work shifts inclusive of some weekends and public holidays.
Key Performance Areas
- Cleaning of kitchen.
- Storing foods and dry goods.
- Preparing and cooking meals.
- Grade 12 or Higher education.
- Qualification in Hygiene and Cooking skills.
- Valid driver’s licence will be advantageous.
Minimum Required Experience
- At least 3 years work experience.
- 1 – 2 years working with children and youth in a similar position advantageous.
Personality, Attributes, Skills and Abilities
- Work both independently and as an active team member.
- Be able to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and Afrikaans, isiXhosa will be advantageous.
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
- Maintain professional demeanour while exercising judgement and discretion.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the organisation.
- Good administration where required.
- Ability to work with children and youth.
- Accountability and teamwork.
- Clear criminal record.
- All our positions are non-discriminatory. We invite everyone who meets the criteria to apply.
- Closing date for all applications is Friday, 01 December 2023.
- Interviewing of shortlisted candidates will take place soon after closing date.
- Relocation costs will NOT be covered by the employer.
- Reference checks will be conducted.
- The employer reserves the right to not appoint.
- Candidates must be able to commence employment as soon as is reasonably possible.
Please email your CV, with certificates, and a 1 -page motivational cover letter by Friday, 01 December 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other vacancies at St. Joseph’s Intermediate Paediatric Care
Child and Youth Care Worker