MAINTENANCE ASSISTANTOperations Department
St Joseph’s Intermediate Paediatric Care (SJIPC) is looking to recruit a maintenance assistant.
The Maintenance assistant is required to assist with ad hoc issues around the organisation but more importantly to ensure that the upkeep of the building and surrounding assets is fixed and remain safe and free of any hazards.
- Assist with all tasks as and when required.
- Capturing of electrical and water meters
- Executing parodical safety check
- Planned maintenance
- General maintenance and repairs
- Repairs to furniture and equipment
- Repairs to hospital equipment
- Basic electrical repairs
- Plumbing repairs, supply and waste and fittings and fixtures
- Roof repairs
- Wall and floor tile replacement
- Window repairs and replacement
- Painting and varnishing
- Playground equipment repairs
- Good communication skills
- Be able to use initiative within scope
- Ability to work as a handyman
- Valid driver’s licence will be advantageous
Minimum Required Experience
- At least three (3) years general work experience in Maintenance work with 2 years working with children and youth
- Must be aware of Health and Safety regulations
- Must have knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, waterproofing, tiling and painting
Personality, Attributes, Skills and Abilities
- Work both independently and as an active team member
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Proficiency in English and Afrikaans. isiXhosa an added advantage.
Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences
Maintain professional demeanour while exercising judgment and discretion in work
Commitment to the mission, values and goals of the organisation
Ability to relate to and willingness to engage with all the organisation’s staff
Ability to speak, read and write English
Good administration, report writing
Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
Accountability and Teamwork
Clear criminal record
- Closing date for all applications is Friday, 01 December 2023.
- Interviewing of shortlisted candidates will take place soon after closing date.
- Relocation costs will NOT be covered by the employer.
- Reference checks will be conducted.
- The employer reserves the right to not appoint.
- Candidates must be able to commence employment as soon as is reasonably possible.
Please email your CV, with certificates, and a 1 -page motivational cover letter by Friday, 01 December 2023 to email@example.com
Other vacancies at St. Joseph’s Intermediate Paediatric Care
Child and Youth Care Worker